Sunday 6 July 2014

Work Those Lashes

Eyelashes are my most annoying makeup problems. I struggle to find a way to keep my eyelashes curved all day and a mascara that I have fallen in love with. I have found a way to encourage the curve to open up my eyes throughout the majority of the day so here are 3 tips to keeping up those eyelashes;

1. Use eyelash curlers more than once. I like to use them first, do all of my make up, curl them again and then a 3rd time. This will make them look really weird but after 5 minutes they just look open and wide eyed. I've found this technique to be really effective and I have no problem with my eyelashes staying open. I've also heard that if you heat up the eyelash curlers slightly to begin with, it's meant to work like curling tongs and hold them open, but when you wake up at about 7 in the morning, I can't ever be bothered to wait for them to heat up.

2. Use a lightweight mascara or a waterproof mascara to lock it in and not weigh it down. On an everyday basis, I like to use Rimmel Scandaleyes show off mascara because it's lightweight and it's easy to just coat your lashes once and they have a natural finish alongside separating the eyelashes as well as darkening them. When I'm going out, I like to use Maybelline the Falsies waterproof mascara because it's just a little more heavy duty and makes the lashes look extra special.

3. When curling your lashes, tilt the curlers towards the lid of the eye. I find that this just adds a little lift and curl, it also contributes to making the lashes curved for longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment